About What I do
My name is Avery, and I fix stuff. I make it easier for people to get their work done.
We all know how hard is when technology we rely on isn't working properly, especially these days. You need to deal a bunch of stuff you might not understand that well, but you know you need it to work — that's where I come in.
If you're having issues in any of the following areas, please don't hesitate to contact me
- End User Systems: Upgrades, troubleshooting, laptop screen replacement, virus removal, OS (re)installation, general maintenance, training
- Networks: gateways, firewalls, NAT, TCP/IP networking, subnets, DNS, DHCP, installing copper and fiber optic cable, throughput and integrity analysis
- Data Recovery: Have you accidentally deleted important files or formatted a hard drive? Drive not recognized by computer? I can help!
- Windows: Business infrastructure and authentication - Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Printer support
- Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris: Smart storage solutions for domain environments - NFS, ZFS, mdadm, OpenSSH, scp, rsync
- All Platforms: Implementing open-source alternatives to commercial software, such as MS Office, Active Directory and Photoshop
- Virtualization: vSphere, ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V, Containers
- Surveilance: IP cameras, TVI (analog) cameras, NVRs, DVRs, VMS (computer-based recording systems)
I love helping people in need!
Note: If you're looking for a more in-depth portfolio of my work in the form of instructional posts, please visit my tech blog at https://develmonk.com
If you're looking for my old site, it's been moved to https://averyfreeman.com/bootstrap-website